Is it just me, or is anyone else in denial that another year is over? I can’t believe how incredibly fast 2013 flew by. 2013 was a good year for our family, and we are excited for what 2014 will bring; especially the newest member to our family! This is the first year I’m not devising a new meal and exercise plan…and not gonna lie, I miss it! Because of some issues with spotting and placenta placement issues, I can’t do anything hardcore and sometimes even walking causes issues, so baby and I are taking it easy until April. I am beyond excited to get back into the hardcore, sweaty, heart pounding workouts as soon as I can. Since I’ll be having c-section #4 as well as a tubal ligation, my recovery is expected to be around 6-8 weeks.
That being said, I do have some goals for myself for this year. Not resolutions, just goals for myself. Not all are fitness related, but still fun to look back on at this time next year and see how I did.
1. It’s about 85% certain that I’m a Type 2 Diabetic, which means as long as things go the way I intend, I will be able to control the Diabetes with diet and exercise alone. My #1 goal after delivery is to get off the Insulin. I HATE injecting myself with insulin every time I want to eat.
2. Pay off our credit card debt. We have racked up a bit of debt over the past few years and I’m sick of shelling out money every month on cards we no longer use. That money could be going towards anything else!!
3. I passed my Personal Trainer exam in September, so I would really like to focus more on that this year. Since I will have a newborn (and three other kids), I plan on doing most of this online. I’m excited to get going on this!!
4. Crochet more! I just learned how to crochet and I can’t wait to learn more patterns and make all the things!!
5. Read. I have set a goal to read 100 books on Goodreads this morning. I set the same goal last year and was 1 book away from reaching that goal. Dang it.
These are my main goals for the year. What about you? Feel free to share them in the comments!