For the first time in over 10 years, I will not be making a New Year’s Resolution to lose weight. I can’t tell you how freeing this is. I weighed myself for the very last time yesterday. I’ve lost 45 pounds and the scale no longer defines who I am and the only measure of progress. I have finally realized that the number truly doesn’t matter, what matters is other progress that I make. Being able to do certain exercises, not being winded walking down the hall…that’s what makes me a success. I’ve been working the last few days on some attainable goals for this upcoming year. Some will take longer than others, but I’m really excited to accomplish each of these.
1. Pass my Certified Personal Trainer exam ( I have until June to take the test)
2. 5 Minute Plank (elbows, right and left side)
3. 50 boy push ups
4. Complete 90 days of Turbo Fire / Chalean Extreme
5. Read 24 books
6. Make and stick to weekly grocery lists / meal plans
7. Wall handstand and eventually free standing handstand
8. Be able to do splits again (right, left, center)
9. Bike ride the Hart / Montague bike trail
10. Perfect yoga poses (easy and medium)
And that’s it. All perfectly reasonable, yet challenging and attainable goals. Bring it 2013!!!!