Marathon Training, Week 11

I’m not going to lie, I entered this week of training with a great deal of trepidation.  My schedule was crazy, but I planned for it, switched around some runs, and still was able to get all my miles in.  The weather has been unbelievably hot and humid the past two weeks, and as soon as I start to run, I’m dripping with sweat.  After my long runs, I have felt dehydrated and nauseated all week.  Monday I ran 6 miles during lunch at the Newport Bay Ecological Reserve, and 3 miles on the treadmill at night.  I was only supposed to run 8 miles total, but I was feeling pretty strong on the treadmill and so I kept going.  Yay me.  Tuesday was a 4 miler during lunch, with three hours of meetings afterward.  Have you ever gone to a meeting a hot, sweaty, stinky mess?  Yeah.  I don’t recommend it.  Wednesday was another 4 miler during lunch.  Thursday was a rest day.  Friday, 16 miles was on the schedule.  My plan was to get up at 6, get ready, and leave the house no later than 7 to drop the kidlet off and get down to the beach before it got hot.  However, I had insomnia every night last week, and I just could not get up.  I did not leave the house until after 8, which means I got to the beach somewhere around 8:40.  I had to be in a meeting at 12, and in order to run, shower, and make it to the meeting, I needed to be done running around 11.  I only had time to run 10 miles, and my pace was so slow because it was seriously about 90 degrees at 9am.  I was at least 1 minute slower for every mile.  Two major bummers happened as well:  I forgot my GU and my left headphone stopped working 300 feet into the run.  But I finished the 10 miles, went to my mom’s house for a quick shower, and had to run out the door to make it to the meeting.  I was 5 minutes late but I made it.  Yay!  After the meeting, I went to Road Runner and bought more gus and a new pair of headphones.  I got the yurbudz headphones.  Has anyone ever tried them?  I kind of like them, they definitely don’t fall out, but I’m not completely sold because they were expensive.  I ran 6 more miles for a total of 16.  Do you think it’s ok to split the run like that?  I am hoping so.  I drank so much water all day but I still was feeling dehydrated all night.  I had two nuun water bottles and that seemed to help.

Mileage total for week 11:  33

I mentioned in a previous post that I got a new job.  The doctor I work for is merging into a new group, and I will be managing the clinical operations for 9 surgeons.  I’m pretty excited, nervous, etc.  I start September 1.  I’m bummed because I have had Fridays off for 12 years, and I now will have to start working on Fridays.  Boo.  But, I am so thankful to have a job.


Oooh and I forgot the most exciting news!  I’ve lost 12 pounds in the last month.  The scale is continuing to move down!


One thought on “Marathon Training, Week 11

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s