Let me preface this by saying:
1. Yes, I know it’s winter in Michigan and it snows here…
2. I’ve lived in Michigan since 1993 and have never seen a snow of this size come through here.
3. I’m not excited about a dangerous storm. At all.
4. I prefer my snow in nice, manageable amounts. More than 6″ is bordering on ridiculous.
5. If one more person says “it’s only snow” I may punch them square in the face.
6. Again, I realize it is winter in Michigan, but this snow monster storm is pretty frightening!
That being said, the snow monster is coming!!!
1. The husband will not be attempting to drive to work on Wednesday, little car + lots of snow = stuck husband.
2. We do have a generator that controls the water, heat, fridge, some lights and a couple of outlets.
3. I intend to catch up on some scrapbooking 🙂
4. Gas stove and oven so if the power does go out we can still cook.
Bad News: Let me just let the warning speak for itself:
* HEAVY ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW BETWEEN 8 AND 12 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. THE MAJORITY OF THIS SNOW WILL FALL THROUGH THE EARLY AND MID MORNING HOURS WEDNESDAY.
* NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH TUESDAY NIGHT… CREATING AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND POTENTIALLY BRINGING PERIODS OF NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.
* WIND CHILLS WILL FALL TO BETWEEN 0 AND 5 TUESDAY NIGHT.
Should be very interesting around here the next couple of days!!! I plan on taking lots of pictures, and if all goes well, can update on a pretty regular basis. Wish me luck and for those that are also going to be affected by this monster of a storm, stay safe, stay warm and stay home!!!!